Friday, March 13, 2009

Jaxson Always Suprises Me

The other morning Jaxson asked me if he could do some art, (Which means coloring, painting, etc...) Anyway he finished coloring and asked me to come see what he did. I looked at the scribbling page and told him, "Wow Jaxson that looks great! Lets put it on the fridge." He was all excited that I was excited and then we put his picture on the fridge.
Later that night when Ryan came home from work, I headed to the fridge to get dinner out when the picture Jaxson drew caught my attention. It had Jaxson's name spelled on it.
I asked Ryan, "Did you help Jaxson write his name this morning when he was coloring?"
Ryan replied "No."
So of course I asked him, "Are you sure? because I didn't."
"I'm sure Mandy."
I took the picture off the fridge and asked Jaxson "Did you write your name by yourself?"
"Yes Mom."
I still didn't believe it so I took out a piece of paper and marker and asked Jaxson to write it again. And he did! What the...

I knew that Jaxson was tracing his name at school, but I had know idea he could actually write it. Sometimes I feel like I have know idea what I am doing as a mom. I never know what Jaxson can and can't do. I would work with him more if I actually knew what he could do at what age. It's always a guessing game. I am so thankful Jaxson is healthy, happy, learning and growing. I love him so much and I am so grateful for every moment with him.

3 comments:

Heidi said...

What a smartie pants!!! I know these kids are more equiped than when we grew up. It is so fun to watch.

Natalie said...

Mandy- YOU HAVE TWINS!!!
I ran into Cami in Centerville tonight and got her blog and found all of the 2nd ward GIRLS there! It is so great you are all still good friends.
Hope you don't mind. It was so fun to read about your family. It sounds like you are all doing well.
Check out my blog-
thetophers.blogspot.com

Rebekah said...

That's awesome. Don't feel like you are the only clueless mom. I have 6 kids and I'm still clueless! And what is true for Jaxon won't be for the girls! I think that's what is fun about being the mom - there are always surprises!