Sunday, March 8, 2009

Boy Are They Stubborn!!!

After I posted last I decided it was time to quit feeding them the breast all together.
It has now been 48 hours of no milk and nothing has happened. They are hating the bottle or sippy cup more then ever. Instead of feeding them food 3 times a day and milk in between, I am feeding them 7 times a day of baby food.
It finally dawned on me today of what I should do. Instead of trying and trying to force them to drink something, (I even forced milk down them with a syringe) I am just going to feed them food when they are hungry, and always have something there for them to drink. No trying to force anything! They are getting some liquids from their food and they aren't starving. Maybe then they won't absolutely hate even the sight of the sippy cup coming their way. (They actually hide their face with their hands when they see the sippy cup.) They can't go without liquids forever.
After all who likes to be forced to do something. I think this route is going to work. Fingers crossed!

1 comments:

Amy said...

That has got to be hard. I will cross my fingers for you too! Good Luck!